A bit about me...
Ann Bracken (MA, Grad.Dip. PG Dip.) is an Online Therapist, Mindfulness Yoga Teacher and Author.
“With most issues or problems we face, they impact on our thoughts, how we feel and also what we do. Therefore, the therapy I provide aims to support on all these levels:
- Positively change any unhelpful thinking patterns or self-beliefs with CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy)
- Reduce the physical stress of carrying problems and calm the nervous system with Mindfulness & Yoga skills
- Help to stablish therapeutic and life goals with Positive Psychology
I provide a Mind-Body therapeutic approach to online counselling and coaching appointments. Mindfulness with CBT and Positive Psychology can support you to overcome emotional issues or problems and to gain more personal fulfilment in life and relationships. It helps you to explore and, where necessary, let go of any ways of being that may no longer serve you and to increase self-care. Yoga skills help to bring more equilibrium to body and mind and as most issues we face affect our mind and our bodies, I tend to take a more unified approach also to how we should create positive change and heal.
I provide Online Therapy via Skype, FaceTime, Telephone Counselling and Email – providing evidence based therapy and between session resources/handouts. This means you become more empowered in your process of change – you train yourself to be your own therapist!
You don’t need my CV, however here are some things you should probably know…
- I previously managed and provided online and in-person therapy for The Lister Hospital, Chelsea, London and also Sims in Dublin (part of Virtus worldwide health group). I currently provide Online Therapy for individuals and some organisations including Beacon Care, Dublin
- Before providing therapy online and teaching Mindfulness Yoga classes, I taught on the BA Counselling & Psychotherapy degree course as an associate lecturer in the department of Psychology at Glyndwr University, Wales.
- I have over 14 years of experience working in hospital, clinic, third level educational and private practice settings as a Counselling Psychotherapist, Lecturer and also Clinical Supervisor in the UK and Ireland.
- I enjoy writing about emotional and psychological health and wellness and am a regular contributor to Huffington Post NY in addition to being a published author and feature writer.
- I am passionate about the client being the instigator of change in their own life and therapist-client work together to support this positive transformation – therapy is time limited depending on the issues you’d like to work on.
- I am qualified and accredited in: Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy (CBT), Mindfulness Training, Yoga Teaching, Integrative Counselling, Clinical Supervision, EMDR Trauma Therapy, Nutrition and Online Therapy provision.