Life & Business Coaching
Individuals are usually drawn towards life coaching as a support when they feel that they are not gaining fulfillment from specific areas of their life – either personally or professionally.
Life coaching explores these areas with a solution-focused approach and CBT helps to establish self-supportive and goal orientated thinking to align you with your aspirations, thus making them more achievable.
Whether it’s a career move, an unaccomplished desire to retrain for another role or the hope of finding love.
Life Coaching combined with CBT can help the individual to:
Stress relating to testing and treatment
- Outline an achievable and specific personal or professional goal
- Discover what is important and what may be missing in areas such as career, business or personal life and define desired outcomes
- Explore any resistance or fear relating to hopes, plans or aspirations
- Explore underlying core beliefs e.g. “I’m useless”… or unhelpful thinking patterns, “who do I think I am wanting this at this time in my life”, and changing them for more goal orientated thinking
- Connect with ones personal aspirations and potential (rather than the expectations of others)
- Help the individual to explore their values, attitudes and beliefs in regards to their aspirations
- Outlining where they are now and where they want to be and recognizing what blocks are in place – real or perceived
- Overcoming procrastination
- Noticing and learning not to pay heed to the internal saboteur or critic. Building confidence and self-belief
- Break down goals into manageable steps and outline a plan to achieve each one. Challenging any negative self/other/life beliefs relating to each step
- Working with disappointments and recognizing that not succeeding or making a mistake may be part of the journey but it is not the destination!
- Support the individual to effectively communicate their needs, wants and desires
- The way you think about yourself/others
- What you think about the situation or problem you are experiencing and
- How what you do and feel is influenced by what you think and believe. It includes a solution-focused approach to problems and supports positive change with CBT worksheets
Mindfulness Therapy is beneficial because Mindfulness supports the body and the mind.
- Integrating Mindfulness improves mental and physical health
- It helps to relieve stress and improves clarity of mind
- Mindfulness is supportive in the treatment of depression, low mood, anxiety, couples conflict and stress reduction
- Mindfulness also helps people to manage painful emotions (Harvard Medical School)