Fertility & Implications Counselling
I regularly provide Implications Counselling Online via Skype and provide your treating clinic/hospital with an Implications Report Letter to confirm completion before treatment. I am fully accredited with the British Infertility Counselling Association and provide Online Implications Counselling throughout the UK, US and Ireland.
To understand how you can benefit and book specific Fertility Counselling support, log onto:
Fertility counselling sessions aim to support the individual and couple to gain insight into fertility issues they may be facing. Prior to attending any treatment (naturally or with assisted reproductive medicine), individuals and couples have generally gone through a range of thoughts and feelings relating to their experience. This may be in response to beliefs it can trigger about themselves or in response to others e.g. family or friends.
Fertility Counselling is provided by specifically trained Fertility Counsellors and aims to reduce the stress on the individual and couple and support them during their fertility treatment journey and beyond.
Fertility Counselling may help to support the following issues:
Stress relating to testing and treatment
- Anxious thoughts and feelings relating to decision making processes
- Negative predictions about the future
- Unhelpful self or other (partner) beliefs following a negative outcome or challenging test result
- Social isolation relating to disclosure
- Guilt, anger or envy relating to the situation
- Low mood
- Relationship issues
- Implications counselling relating to donor treatment
Stress reduction during pregnancy following fertility treatment
For more details and to take our test on how fertility issues affect you, log onto: www.fertilitycounsellingonline.com
- The way you think about yourself/others
- What you think about the situation or problem you are experiencing and
- How what you do and feel is influenced by what you think and believe. It includes a solution-focused approach to problems and supports positive change with CBT worksheets
Mindfulness Therapy is beneficial because Mindfulness supports the body and the mind.
- Integrating Mindfulness improves mental and physical health
- It helps to relieve stress and improves clarity of mind
- Mindfulness is supportive in the treatment of depression, low mood, anxiety, couples conflict and stress reduction
- Mindfulness also helps people to manage painful emotions (Harvard Medical School)