Ann Bracken, Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy & Mindfulness Based Counselling in The Mind-Body Health & Wellbeing Centre and Wicklow, Ire. Online Skype/Facetime and Telephone Counselling also available.
When are you available?
I am available for Private Appointments daily with some evening appointments depending on availability in The Mind-Body Health & Wellbeing Centre in Wicklow, Irl. Online Therapy Appointments therapy are also available as I provide Online Therapy via Skype and Telephone Counselling, Internationally. To find out more information and to discuss your individual needs, please feel free to contact me. Click here for contact details:
How does in person and also online Counselling therapy work?
Online Counselling is similar to in person counselling in that you work together with your Counselling Psychotherapist to manage and overcome issues you would like resolved, using online communication, rather than in a therapy room.
Ann Bracken, Counselling Psychotherapist (see profile) works as an experienced Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist/Mindfulness Counsellor and provides in person therapy and also online resources to work with between counselling sessions. This between session therapeutic learning aims to deepen the therapeutic experience and support positive change.
Why choose Online Counselling?
* Online therapy is not restricted by geographical location.
* You have access to an internationally accredited and experienced online Cognitive Behavioural & Mindfulness Based Psychotherapist with an in-depth understanding of counselling for fertility issues (click Profile).
* Time flexibility – can be booked outside of office hours at a time that works for you. Online therapy saves valuable travel time to and from a therapist venue.
* Confidential – your space & your time.
* Convenient – You can book your support from a convenient and comfortable location that works for you.
Which e-counselling type is best for me?
You can choose the online therapy that you feel would best suit your communication style;
(1) Online communication via email Counselling – you may find this helpful as you can refer back to responses received or if you prefer face to face communication, you can book
(2) Video face to face Counselling – Skype or Facetime appointment.
Also, if you are more comfortable with telephone communication, you can book
(3) Telephone Counselling session.
* See full details for each in (How it Works)
annbrackentherapy.com aims to provide a counselling that supports individuals to overcome personal issues/problems with CBT & Mindfulness therapy and increase well-being by fulfilling personal goals.
Do you adhere to Counselling confidentiality and ethical guidelines?
Counselling and psychotherapy is provided by Ann Bracken (MA, Grad Dip, PG Cert).
* Ann is fully accredited by The British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP), The Irish Association of Humanistic & Integrative Psychotherapy (IAHIP) & British Infertility Counselling Association and is bound by their ethical guidelines.
* There is a commitement to confidentiality and to providing a non-judgemental and supportive space for you to explore and resolve issues.
* All appointments are booked online, in advance with a commitment for therapist and client to attend.
Is online therapy effective?
Online therapy has been proven to be as effective and sometimes better than in person therapy. A recent study by Zurich University (Aug, 2013) reported that online therapy was more successful – 57% of online clients completing online therapy for depression reported being symptoms free compared with 42% who met with their therapist.
96 percent of the patients given online therapy and 91 percent of the recipients of conventional treatment rated the contact with their therapist as “personal.” In the case of online therapy, the patients tended to use the therapy contacts and subsequent homework very intensively to progress personally. “In the medium term, online psychotherapy even yields better results. Prof. Maercker. University of Zurich. Source: Psychotherapy via internet as good as if not better than face-to-face consultations.” ScienceDaily. ScienceDaily, 30 July 2013.
Further studies support this: Lancet Study: Online therapy has same benefit as could be expected from traditional therapy (Aug, 2009) Azy Barak, PhD conducted, ‘A Comprehensive Review & Meta Analysis of the Effectiveness of Internet-Based Psychotherapeutic Interventions’. This meta-analysis combined all of the studies involving internet-based psychotherapeutic interventions (9764 clients) up to the year 2007. The outcome indicated that internet based interventions were just as effective as face-to-face interventions.
Research has shown that Online Counselling provides effective therapeutic support (Journal of Mental Health Counselling, 2007) when combined with CBT. Ann Bracken, Cognitive Behavioural Therapist & Mindfulness based counsellor provides e-counselling using CBT/Mindfulness & worksheet resources.
To Book your E-Counselling Appointment Now